Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, basic japanese shio onigiri (salted rice balls). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Basic Japanese Shio Onigiri (Salted Rice Balls) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Basic Japanese Shio Onigiri (Salted Rice Balls) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook basic japanese shio onigiri (salted rice balls) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Japanese Shio Onigiri (Salted Rice Balls):
- Take 1 cup Japanese white rice(150g)
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Get (1/2 teaspoon Ajinomoto)
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- Make ready 2 leaves Green shiso
- Get Some Seaweed(Nori)
- Get Some Plastic wrap(Cling wrap)
Steps to make Basic Japanese Shio Onigiri (Salted Rice Balls):
- Cook rice in a rice cooker.
- Use freshly cooked rice for Onigiri. Once the rice is cooked, fold up the rice using a spatula to allow excess steam to escape.
- Place the rice into a bowl. Add salt, salad oil (and ajinomoto if you want to add more flavors) and mix well.
- Check how it tastes like and adjust the amount of salt. (When the rice cools down, it tastes less salty. Please also change the amount of salt depends on the time you eat this Onigiri.)
- Divide the rice into 4 portions, put each portion on a plastic wrap. First, make a round shape by wrapping softly. And then shape into triangle. Do not push or press hard when shaping Onigiri. After you finish shaping, remove the plastic wrap first to avoid rice from getting wet by extra moisture.
- Once the Onigiri cools down or when all the extra moisture evaporates, wrap with seaweed. To make the seaweed crisp and fresh, put them in a frying pan and warm them up for a few minutes to remove moisture. Place few leaves of green shiso and arrange Onigiri on a plate.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food basic japanese shio onigiri (salted rice balls) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com