Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, greek pita bread. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek pita bread is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Greek pita bread is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
eBay Is Here For You with Money Back Guarantee and Easy Return. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Plenty of Pita Bread to Choose From.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook greek pita bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek pita bread:
- Get 160 ml milk (room temperature)
- Get 80 ml water (room temperature)
- Take 1 tsp white granulated sugar
- Prepare 7 g yeast
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 340 g strong white bread flour
- Make ready 1 tsp salt and pepper mix
- Take 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
In Greece, like in many Mediterranean countries, Pita bread is an unique element on the table, served along with appetizers like Melitzanosalata, Greek Salad, and Tzatziki, or filled with Souvlaki and Gyros. The pita bread in the store never looks anything like the stuff they serve at Greek restaurants. The closest I’ve found is Naan bread they sell at Costco. Pinned these and the chicken gyros.
Instructions to make Greek pita bread:
- Combine the sugar, yeast, water and milk in a bowl. Set the bowl aside for 10 minutes. Wait for the mixture to start bubbling.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, salt and chopped fresh thyme leaves. Mix thoroughly.
- Add olive oil to the yeast mixture before slowly combining with the flour mixture. Use stand mixer or knead by hand until dough is smooth.
- Brush or spray bowl with oil and add the dough. Sprinkle some flour over the top and leave for 60 minutes to prove. Cover with a tea towel or similar. It should double in size.
- Cut dough into 6 equal portions, approximately 100g in size. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until approximately 30cm in size.
- Pizza oven and frying pan fundamentals are the same – cook each size for 1-2 minutes, watching as the puff up slightly. Turn when a golden brown colour. Don’t allow to go too dark in colour.
Pita bread is a staple of Greek cuisine. It is the bread used for gyros and it is often served with dips such as tzatziki and hummus. This recipe is fairly easy to put together, but it does take some time because you need to wait for the dough to rise before you can bake it. These homemade pita bread are usually served with Greek souvlaki! They are soft, puffy and a little more bread like!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food greek pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com