Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shepherd’s pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Great Healthy homemade Recipes With Homemade Ingredients. Learn The Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Professional Chefs. Want To Learn How To Make Delicious Pies?
Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Shepherd’s Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have shepherd’s pie using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Take 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- Prepare 1 pound ground beef
- Make ready Large onion, diced
- Take 1/2 each red, yellow, green pepper diced
- Get 2 Tbs each rosemary and Italian seasoning
- Take 1 Tbs each onion and garlic powder
- Get 1/4 cup AP flour
- Prepare 2 cups low sodium beef stock
- Prepare 1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
- Get 1 stick unsalted butter
- Get 1 lb bag frozen corn
- Prepare to taste S&P
You’ll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd’s pie from Martha Stewart. Unlike other shepherd’s pie recipes, this one calls for frozen vegetables instead of fresh and can be made the day before. Traditionally, shepherd’s pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it’s more widely available than ground lamb.
Steps to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add to pot of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very soft
- While potatoes are cooking, dice onion and peppers
- Add 2 Tbs olive oil to skillet and once hot, add onion and peppers. Cook til translucent
- Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet and cook until no longer pink
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Add flour to skillet and cook a few minutes, stirring often
- Add stock and cook until thickened. Turn off heat
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and put back into the pot with butter and milk and S&P. Mash.
- In a greased deep 9×13 baking dish, add beef mixture. Add corn, and top with potatoes
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden
- I like to top it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cook until melted.
Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served “shepherd’s pie” here, it is most often made with ground beef. Best Shepherd’s Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I’ve ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas These shepherd’s pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd’s pies). You can’t go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Shepherd’s pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shepherd’s pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com