Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken and eggs bowl (oyakodon). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Oyakodon is cooked in one pan where onions, chicken, and egg are simmered in an umami-rich dashi-based sauce. It is then poured over a bowl of fluffy steamed rice. Japanese comfort food, Oyakodon is chicken meat and beaten eggs, simmered in a sweet and savory stock, and eaten over cooked rice in a bowl.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken and eggs bowl (oyakodon) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon):
- Prepare 1 piece chicken thigh
- Make ready 4 eggs
- Get 1/2 onion
- Make ready 160 mL Dashi broth (otherwise chicken soup) : (A)
- Get 2 tbsp soy sauce : (A)
- Take 3 tbsp Sake (otherwise white wine) : (A)
- Take 2 tbsp sugar : (A)
- Make ready 400 g freshly cooked rice
Chicken : Nami cooked her chicken directly in the sauce, but I prefer the chicken to have some flavour on its own, so I marinated the chicken with a little soy sauce and sake and sear them before cooking the sauce. Oyakodon (親子丼) is a classic Japanese chicken and egg rice bowl, with tender pieces of chicken and sweet onions simmered in a sweet and savory dashi that’s bound together with egg. It’s a satisfying comfort food that’s a staple of Japanese home cooking thanks to its simple preparation. Oyakodon is a popular comfort food in Japan.
Instructions to make Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon):
- Thinly cut the onion into wedges. Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks.
- Put the condiments (A) in a pan. Heat it until it comes to a boil.
- Add the onion and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. Then, add the chicken and simmer over medium heat again for about 3 minutes.
- Beat eggs lightly. Then add 2/3 of them to the pan. Turn the heat down and simmer for 2 minutes with a lid. Use two pairs of chopsticks, and don’t beat too much.
- Add the rest of beaten eggs and boil at medium heat for 10 seconds.
- Put them over the freshly cooked rice.
It is a rice bowl dish that uses both the chicken and the egg as toppings. Oyakodon – Failproof Japanese Chicken Bowl. Oyakodon, a soupy rice bowl with bite-size chicken and softly cooked egg, is often overshadowed by its more glamorous cousins — katsudon, crowned with a golden breaded pork cutlet, and kaisendon, jeweled with sashimi. But to describe oyakodon’s layered textures and sweet-salty sauce of onions. Homepage > Recipes > Egg Recipes > Oyakodon Recipe (Chicken and Egg Bowl with Soft and Silky Texture Topped with Extra Egg Yolk).
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken and eggs bowl (oyakodon) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com