Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, suji rice balls /rava rice kozhukattai. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ever Tasted Suji / Rava & Rice Flour Mix Kozhakattai (steamed ball).? It is a south indian recipe. It is also called rice pundi.
Suji Rice balls /Rava Rice Kozhukattai is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Suji Rice balls /Rava Rice Kozhukattai is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook suji rice balls /rava rice kozhukattai using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Suji Rice balls /Rava Rice Kozhukattai:
- Prepare Rava / Suji / Semolina
- Take rice flour
- Take Green Chilli chopped finely
- Prepare Water
- Get salt or to taste
- Prepare For Tempering
- Prepare olive oil
- Make ready Mustard Seeds
- Get roasted white sesame seeds
- Prepare Urad dal
- Prepare Asafoetida / Hing
- Take chilli flakes (optional)
- Prepare Curry Leaves
Adding rice flour helps to absorb moisture, if any from the filling. keep the filling aside to cool. Kozhukattai is a festive South Indian sweet of steamed dumplings made with rice flour dough and The rice dough balls should be smooth. Some may get cracks, so just rub a bit of water on your palm. Spicy Steamed Rice Dumpling/Chettinad Kara Kozhukattai.
Instructions to make Suji Rice balls /Rava Rice Kozhukattai:
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok and add suji and rice flour and sauté for a minute.
- Mean while boil water and salt in a sauce pan.
- Add the roasted suji and rice flour mixture into boiling water and mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously to avoid lumps until it forms into a mass.
- Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile heat one glass of water in a steamer
- Once the suji mixture is cooled, take lemon sized mixture and shape into smooth, small balls.
- Now place these balls in steamer pot, cover with a lid and steam for 10 minutes
- Heat oil in a wok and add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, hing, curry leaves, chilli flakes and urad dal, and sauté over a low flame for a minute.
- Add the steamed suji rice balls to the wok and mix well up and down so that all the tempering gets coated on to the balls.
- Serve hot or warm with any dip or chutney.
Rava Kara Paniyaram is one recipe which i made recently and loved it instantly. Similar Recipes, Roasted Rice Kozhukattai Rice Kozhukattai. Steamed Rice balls also known as Upma kozhukattai-upma kolukattai is one of our family’s favourite. Today we will learn how to make Upma Kozhukattai/Pidi Kozhukattai with brinjal/kathirikai gothsu following our easy recipe. I was searching for a low fat , steamed snack.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food suji rice balls /rava rice kozhukattai recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com