Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, creamy tomato soup – slow cooker. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook creamy tomato soup – slow cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Make ready 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Get 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- Prepare 1 stalk celery, diced
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready 8 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Prepare 3 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- Prepare 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Get 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp. each dried thyme, dried basil
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Take 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Take 1/4 cup cream (or half & half)
Instructions to make Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Grease the slow cooker and place all of the ingredients inside EXCEPT for the parmesan cheese and the cream. Place the lid on and cook either on low heat for 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- After cook time is up, puree the soup using either an immersion blender or a classic blender. If using a classic blender, blend it up in batches and leave room for the steam to escape while blending.
- Once the soup is pureed and smooth, place it back in the slow cooker and stir in the parmesan cheese and the cream. Taste and season with any additional seasonings you think it needs. At this point, I usually add more salt and pepper, more basil and some paprika.
- Place the lid back on with the heat at low for 25-30 more minutes, until the soup is heated through. Then serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftover soup. To reheat it, just place the desired amount in a saucepan over med-high heat and simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through. If I have a good amount of soup leftover, then sometimes I’ll use the leftover soup as a pasta sauce for an easy dinner option.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food creamy tomato soup – slow cooker recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com