Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, greek style beef and pita sandwich. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook greek style beef and pita sandwich using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich:
- Prepare crispy coating
- Get 1 large egg
- Prepare 2 tbsp corn starch
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt kosher
- Get 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Make ready main
- Make ready 4 each pocketless Pita bread
- Prepare as needed sliced sweet onion
- Make ready as needed tomato, chopped
- Prepare as needed feta cheese
- Take as needed taziki sauce
- Take meat
- Prepare 3/4 lb Beef
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp Greek seasoning
Steps to make Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich:
- You can buy, or make your own tzatziki sauce, I happen to like this one https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356322-tzatziki-sauce
- Slice your beef into nice strips for eating. I am using tenderized steaks here. I like a 1/4 inch square slice (give or take)
- Mix the cut beef with the Greek seasoning. Don’t use a heavy salt based seasoning or it may be to salty. This one has very little to no salt in it, and works great.
- Allow meat to sit for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients (crispy coating) in a bowl large enough to hold the meat
- Put the meat in the bowl with the crispy coating, mix well
- Prep your sandwich fixings
- Add about 1/8 inch or so oil to a pan on medium to medium high heat. You want the oil to come up about 1/3 the way of your beef pieces.
- Place the meat strips in the pan, do not crowd them our they will stick together. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes, flip over, fry another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove cooked strips to a paper towel, cook the remaining in like method. Do not over cook beef, it will become tough, and hard to eat in a sandwich.
- I like to microwave my Pita bread about 30 seconds each, to warm and soften them.
- Assembly your sandwiches and enjoy.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food greek style beef and pita sandwich recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com